Since the day Joe Biden took office, the left has been looking for any opportunity they can find to ram through their gun control. That why gun owners weren’t surprised to see the entire left shout out — seemingly on cue — on Monday that there was an active shooter situation in a Boulder, Colorado King Soopers grocery store.
From the radical media to Senator Dianne Feinstein and Joe Biden today, the anti-gun crowd was out in full force calling for more gun control.
Many of them quickly glossed over the revelation today that the gunman was a 21-year old Syrian named Ahmad Al Aliwi Al Issa, repeating the old narrative that it must be a racist white man. Vice President Kamala Harris’s own niece had to delete a tweet after she wrongly attributed the shooting to a white man, saying, “The Atlanta shooting was not even a week ago. Violent white men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country.”
But the radical left’s attempts to divide Americans and pit people against each other aside, there’s something else they are ignoring in their calls for gun control: Colorado already had most of them on the books!
Let’s look at what gun control laws were already in place in Boulder, Colorado that should have stopped madman Ahmad Al Aliwi Al-Issa?
Colorado Gun Control
The state of Colorado already has passed these gun control laws:
- Universal Background Check law. The exact same legislation that Joe Biden called for just this afternoon is ALREADY the law in Colorado. And what’s more, Ahmad Al Aliwi Al-Issa PASSED his background check six days earlier when he purchased the gun he used to murder ten innocent people.
- “Red Flag Gun Confiscation law” or ‘Emergency Risk Protection Order’ law. And the AP is reporting that Al-Issa’s family say that he “was suffering some type of mental illness, including delusions. Relatives described times when Alissa told them people were following or chasing him, which they said may have contributed to the violence, one government official said.” So even with all those warning flags and a red flag law in place, nobody did anything!
- A ‘High-Capacity’ magazine ban, making it illegal to own a magazine that holds more than ten rounds. The left often argues that these sorts of bans would limit a lunatic’s ability to murder so many people. Of course, it didn’t do a thing.
- The City of Boulder, Colorado, has a ban on ‘Assault Weapons’ — meaning that Ahmad Al Aliwi Al-Issa was breaking the law to even have the gun inside city limits!
- Gun Free Zones. The folks over at the Crime Prevention Research Center recently published this article, making the case that the King Sooners store was already a gun-free zone. Even if they’re wrong, the store had banned “open carry” — something Ahmad Al Aliwi Al-Issa was most certainly doing since he was shooting people in the parking lot and right inside the grocery store entrance. Does anybody think he was shooting people 50 feet from the door and then carefully concealed his AR-15 under his clothing to enter the building a few seconds later? No.
- Giffords infamous ‘Scorecard’ system rates Colorado as a great state for gun control, ranking it 16th best out of 50! Newsweek has even reported since the shooting that the state has ‘strict’ gun control laws, saying, “Colorado is currently rated a “C+” on the Annual Gun Law Scorecard from the Giffords Law Center, a group that advocates for tighter gun control…The state’s passing “grade” puts it in the top 16 nationally for strict gun control measures, with only 12 states having stricter laws that have earned them higher ratings. Only two states, California and New Jersey, have received an “A” rating from the group. There were 20 states that received “F” ratings.”
This is to say nothing of laws against assault, first degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and all the other ‘regular’ laws that this madman broke.
Gun Control Doesn’t Work
It failed. Gun control nearly always fails, but yesterday, it failed in nearly every possible way.
Gun owners have pointed out for years that most places that have the strictest gun control ALSO have the highest violent crime rates to go along with it. Unfortunately for the innocent people of Boulder, Colorado, the sense of security they had from living in a town with lots of gun control was just imaginary.
In reality, criminals ignore and break gun laws all the time — it’s part of the definition of being a criminal: one who breaks the law.
The Left Will Use These Dead People To Advance Their Agenda
The complete failure of gun control to stop this lunatic won’t stop the anti-gun crowd from using it to push for more gun control. Already today, both Joe Biden and Dianne Feinstein called for the passage of Universal Background Checks in H.R. 8, ten day waiting periods in H.R. 1446, and Feinstein’s newly filed ‘assault weapons’ ban.
Gun owners, it’s time to call out the left and stand up to them. Our Republican legislators are either afraid to stand up for us or they WANT to vote with the left on gun control! Rarely, there are a few good ones, but they’re often being attacked by other Republicans like Georgia’s Marjorie Taylor Greene!
It’s up to us to make our voices heard! We have reached out to the American Firearms Association to ask them for something our readers can do to get involved, and they provided us with the form below. This form allows gun owners to quickly contact their elected legislators — directly — in just one minute! Please take the time to tell YOUR legislators to HOLD THE LINE on the left’s latest push to pass their failed gun control!