(Washington, DC) — Things are getting nasty in Washington, DC, where Tuesday afternoon the National Rifle Association attacked Congressional Second Amendment Caucus Chairman Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY).
According to Massie, it’s because of his refusal to compromise and support combining Feinstein’s “NICS FIX” (H.R. 4477) into National Reciprocity (H.R. 38), which the NRA is supporting.
The NRA attack escalated when they used their nationwide email blast list to tell their members that Massie made “several inaccurate statements.”
But gun owners across America aren’t buying what the NRA is trying to peddle.
In addition to numerous potential dangers with H.R. 4477, the NRA is refusing to publicly talk about what happens when an Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch gets planted back in charge of the Justice Department in a future administration, empowered with more money and administrative ability to grab more names and throw them in the NICS gun ban database.
Time and time again at the state and federal levels, we’ve seen the NRA compromise, cut deals, and twist arms “just to get something done.”
Ask yourself: What’s the obsession with combining a “pro-gun” bill with an “anti-gun” bill?
Who is the NRA trying to please?
Second Amendment supporters didn’t elect Donald Trump and a Republican House and Senate to give Feinstein, Schumer, Pelosi and the gun-grabbers anything.
In the last week to ten days, Massie has been the harshest critic of combining Feinstein’s gun control into National Reciprocity.
We’ve posted his latest video explaining why below, and also his step by step take down of the NRA’s “compromise” deal.
A message on why I oppose combining the fix-NICS bill with the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill. Senators Feinstein and Schumer are among the co-sponsors of the fix-NICS bill. #SplitTheBills
Posted by Congressman Thomas Massie on Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Here are Congressman Massie’s five main points for not combining these bills together:
To recap, what are some clues that you should be concerned with the fix-NICS bill?
(1) The first sentence after the title of the bill reads “Section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (34 U.S.C. 40901) is amended…”
(2) Senators Dianne Feinstein and Chuck Schumer are cosponsors in the Senate.
(3) It’s being rammed through, without a hearing, in a very nontransparent process, and it will be passed by attaching it to the popular concealed carry reciprocity bill which already has enough votes to pass on its own.
(4) It spends over half a billion dollars to collect more names to include in a list of people who will never be allowed to own a firearm.
(5) It compels administrative agencies, not just courts, to adjudicate your second amendment rights.